- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
- Summer Internship Programs
HARRISBURG – April 19 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced a $25,000 Ben Franklin Technology Partners grant for a Bethlehem technology firm collaborating with Northampton Community College’s emerging Technology Applications Center.
“This grant will help develop a new spray-drying process for consumer goods companies,” Boscola said. “I am pleased by how our growing technology sector is diversifying and growing our region’s economy. I will continue to seek state funds and resources to help grow our economy and create jobs.”
Boscola, a past board member of Ben Franklin Technology Partners (BFTP/NEP) of Northeastern Pennsylvania, said the $25,000 grant will enable Spray-Tek, Inc., of Bethlehem to develop a new encapsulation process of contract spray-drying for consumer goods companies. The process transforms liquid suspensions into a free-flowing ultra-fine powder by drying with a hot gas in less than 20 seconds. The method is used in producing many thermally-sensitive materials such as foods and pharmaceuticals.
Since the Ben Franklin technology investment program in Northeastern Pennsylvania began in 1983, it has created 17,415 new jobs, helped retain 27,384 existing jobs, helped start 492 new companies and has developed 1,591 new products and processes. The technology network has returned $3.60 to the state treasury for every $1.00 invested in the program.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Joseph Kelly, 610-868-8667
- Lawmakers Announce Voting Access Improvement Package
- MEDIA ADVISORY – Lawmakers to Announce Voting Access Improvement Package
- Senator Boscola reacts to Governor Wolf signing S.B. 1, Pension Bill into Law
- Keep Commitment to Property Taxpayers in Gaming Expansion (Opinion)
- Boscola Statement on Pension Reform Passage
Looking For SomethingUse the form below to search the site:
- Still not finding what you're looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!