- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
- Summer Internship Programs
HARRISBURG, April 19, 2017 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced $3.4 million in state funding for a water project on Canal Street and Wood Avenue in Easton.
“This low-interest loan will enable the Easton Suburban Water Authority to replace 1.6 miles of piping, install control valves, hydrants and service laterals,” Boscola said. “The current system has deteriorated over the years and is prone to leakage and water pressure issues.”
Boscola said the project will prevent additional deterioration and improve water and pressure reliability – especially during fire emergencies. She also noted that the work will accommodate several expanding medical campuses in the area, creating over 500 new jobs and investing $16 million into the local economy.
“Having a modern and reliable infrastructure in a key attraction for businesses planning to relocate or grow,” Boscola said. “We must continue to invest in revitalizing our utility infrastructure.”
Boscola, who represents the Senate Democratic Caucus as a member of the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority (PennVEST) Board of Directors, said that PennVEST will provide a 1 percent interest rate for the first five years of the 20-year loan. She said the rate is only 1.743 percent for the duration.
PennVEST serves the communities and citizens of the commonwealth by funding sewer, storm water and drinking water projects throughout Pennsylvania.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $25,000 for Tech Firm Collaboration with Community College
- Boscola Announces $3.4 Million in Funds for Easton Water Project
- Senator Boscola Comments at the Nurse Practitioners Lobby Day Rally at the Capitol
- Boscola Praises Fanatics and MLB for Saving Jobs at Majestic Plant
- Boscola Announces $346,000 in Grant Funds for Local Projects
Looking For SomethingUse the form below to search the site:
- Still not finding what you're looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!