- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Bethlehem, May 8, 2018 – State Sen. Lisa M. Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh) today announced over $1.5 million in state funds for local transportation alternative projects.
“These funds support local projects that enhance transportation alternatives and improve access and infrastructure throughout our region,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state dollars to support efforts to strengthen recreational options, improve transportation accessibility and enhance safety.”
Boscola said the projects include:
- $838,188 for construction of a trail to close a 1.45-mile trail gap along the D&L Trail from the Lehigh and Northampton County line to Hanover Township’s Canal Park on the old canal tow path; and
- $792,427 for Hellertown Borough to improve six intersections on Main Street with pedestrian-activated crossing lights, ADA curb ramps and stamped crosswalks to increase pedestrian safety. The funding supplements a $200,000 TA Set-Aside award from the Lehigh Valley MPO.
The Surface Transportation Block Grant program Set-Aside or Transportation Alternatives Set-Aside program is administered by PennDOT. The provides fund projects and activities defined as transportation alternatives, including on and off-road pedestrian and bicycle facilities, infrastructure projects for improving non-driver access to public transportation and enhanced mobility, community improvement activities, and environmental mitigation, trails that serve a transportation purpose, and safe routes to school projects.
# # #
- Boscola Announces Local Community Colleges Awarded $1,070,000 in Community College Construction Grants
- Boscola Announces $67,982 in Funding for Hellertown from the “GREEN LIGHT-GO” Program
- Boscola Requests Governor to Call Special Session on Independent Redistricting
- Senator Boscola remarks on passage of the 2018-19 State Budget
- Sen. Boscola SB 22 Redistricting Final Passage
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!