- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces Local School Safety Grants
On October 5, 2018 ·
Bethlehem – October 5, 2018 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced a total of $130,902 in state grants to improve safety and security in area schools.
“These grant dollars will enable schools to fund safety programs, hire security personnel and purchase security-related equipment,” Boscola said. “I’m pleased with this round of funding and will continue to seek state support to help our school boards and administrators make our schools safer and more secure.”
The statewide grants were announced yesterday by the state Department of Education following a report issued by the recently-established Pennsylvania School Safety Task Force. Boscola backed legislation that put the statewide task force in place. The task force reviews of school safety procedures statewide and makes recommendations for improvements.
Local schools receiving funds include:
- $24,984 for Bethlehem Area School District (equipment);
- $25,000 for the Easton School District (equipment);
- $43,734 for the Northampton Area School District (equipment and a violence prevention program);
- $24,954 for the East Penn School District (equipment); and
- $12,230 for the Lehigh Valley Charter School for the Arts (violence prevention program).
Boscola said another round of grant funds will be coming from the new $60 million School Safety and Security Grant program she supported in this year’s state fiscal budget. Those grants will be administered by the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD). The deadline for schools to apply for the PCCD grants is Oct. 12.
“I am pleased to see schools embracing efforts to upgrade security and improve school safety,” Boscola said. “I am confident that state dollars will continue to supplement their efforts to assure that our kids can learn in a safe and secure environment.”
# # #
- Boscola Announces Lehigh Valley Municipalities to Receive Nearly $1.5 million in State Recycling Development and Implementation Grants
- Boscola Announces Local School Safety Grants
- Senator Boscola’s Floor Remarks on Pennsylvania’s Broken Restitution Law
- OPNION: Redistricting Reform Collapse Reinforces Need for Voter Initiative & Referendum
- Boscola Announces $1.4 Million in Grants for Lehigh Valley Water/Sewer and Parks/Trails Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!