- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
- Summer Internship Programs
HARRISBURG, June 29, 2017 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola provided the following statement after the state Department of Health today awarded two Lehigh Valley businesses medical marijuana dispensary permits. When medical marijuana becomes available to patients next year, only 52 dispensaries statewide will be licensed.
“I am pleased that two Lehigh Valley dispensaries (Mission Pennsylvania II, LLC and Guadco, LLC) emerged from this highly-competitive application process with state permits.
“It will mean more local jobs and a foundational role in this promising new medical marijuana industry. As someone who voted for legalizing medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, I am very pleased by the progress of the program and our regional economic role in this industry.
“More so, I am both encouraged and heartened by what this medication will mean to our children, veterans and other patients who can benefit through the safe and controlled availability of medical cannabis.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Joseph Kelly
# # #
- Boscola Comments on Senate Passage of 2017-18 State Budget
- Boscola Lauds Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Lehigh Valley
- Lawmakers Announce Voting Access Improvement Package
- MEDIA ADVISORY – Lawmakers to Announce Voting Access Improvement Package
- Senator Boscola Reacts to Governor Wolf Signing S.B. 1, Pension Bill into Law
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!