- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces $ 1.265 Million in Grants for Northampton County
On March 20, 2014 ·
Bethlehem, March 20, 2014 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh) today announced a total of $ 1.265 million in state grant funds for Northampton County projects.
“These are good projects that will make our communities safer and more attractive for economic development and business investment,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek funding sources to help advance local projects.”
The grants include:
- Northampton Borough Uptown Business District Park ($65,000). The funds will be used to help create an urban mini-park to include a fresh farmers’ market in the uptown business district where Kroope’s Clothing and General Store once stood. These funds will help finance Phase 2 of the project;
- Hellertown Borough Water Street Park Improvements ($200,000). The funds are being used for Phase II improvements including handicapped access and accommodations for increased use of the park;
- Upper Nazareth Township 191 Traffic Signal ($500,000). The funds will improve safety, access and relieve congestion at the intersection of SR-191, TR-514 and TR-585. The intersection is used by buses, faculty and parents entering and exiting the One Education Plaza, which houses the Nazareth middle and high schools and Shafer Elementary; and
- Pen Argyl Borough Lookout Fire Company No. 32 ($500,000). The funds will be used to build a new fire station that will cut energy costs while improving safety for fire fighters and response team members.
The grants are part of the local share funding account distribution from Mt. Airy Casino gaming revenues. Boscola said the state seven-member Commonwealth Financing Authority approved the grants at its regular meeting today in Harrisburg.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!