- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces $ 1.507 Million in Grants for Monroe County
On March 20, 2014 ·
Bethlehem, March 20, 2014 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh) today announced a total of $ 1.507 million in grant funds for Monroe County projects.
“These are good projects that will make needed improvements throughout Monroe County,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek funding sources to help advance local projects.”
The grants include:
- Monroe County Historical Society ($70,385). The funds will be used to replace the slate roof on the historic 1795 mansion, the roof in the 1893 addition and repair the chimney so the building can be restored and reopened to the public;
- East Stroudsburg Borough Middle Dam Rehab ($822,000). The money will be used to repair and replace various areas of the Middle Dam, which supplies water to East Stroudsburg Borough. The dam has been listed as unsafe due to the inadequate capacity of its spillway. The dam will receive a new intake structure, new sluice gate valves and a new concrete spillway as well as new overtopping protection, new stabilization berm and a new drainage system;
- Stroud Township SR 611 and SR 2009 Right Turn Lane ($205,500). The funds will improve the intersection of SR 611 (North Ninth Street) and SR 2009 (Bridge Street). The project will make the intersection safer by widening the right turn lane and making signal improvements;
- Delaware Water Gap Bough Well No. 4 Building and Equipment ($323,498). The money will be used to demolish the well’s existing control building, install a prefabricated control building, upgrade controls and communications equipment, and install a security fence and emergency generator. The existing control building is located in a remote area and needs extensive repair. The project will help make the well less vulnerable to vandalism, the elements and allow the system to supply water to residents during weather-related emergencies;
- Stroud Area Regional Police new vehicles ($86,310). The funds will be used to buy three new police vehicles and associated computers.
The grants are part of the local share funding account distribution from Mt. Airy Casino gaming revenues. Boscola said the state seven-member Commonwealth Financing Authority approved the grants at its regular meeting today in Harrisburg.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!