- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola announces $ 165,000 in grants through the Ben Franklin Technology Partners
On January 16, 2013 ·
BETHLEHEM January 16, 2013– State Senator Lisa M. Boscola announced today that three local companies will receive $165,000 through the Ben Franklin Technology Partners (BFTP/NEP) of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Ben Franklin Technology Partners receives a significant number of grant applications and only has the resources to fund the most competitive proposals and productive projects.
“This investment in our local small businesses is vital in providing an expanding job base for all those who reside in this Commonwealth,” Boscola said. “The Lehigh Valley has long demonstrated it is home to entrepreneurial minds. This funding proves again the Lehigh Valley is a great place to start and grow a business.”
Companies in Senator Boscola’s district to receive this funding are as follows:
- HB Custom Media, Inc. – $75,000 – To establish HB Custom Media’s production facility and begin commercializing custom tissue culture media, reagents, cell culture supplements and mouse embryo culture media to the Research-Use-Only market.
- Bosch Rexroth Corporation – $25,000 – To complete manufacturing process analysis in order to increase the capacity of the hydraulic cylinder manufacturing system.
- Virtual Celebration – $65,000 – to support the development of a ‘back-end’ transaction automation system and analytics for growing a network of Virtual Event Planners.
BFTP/NEP’s track record speaks for itself. Since beginning operations in 1983, BFTP has helped start 429 new companies, developed 1,127 new products and processes, created 15,479 new jobs for Pennsylvania workers and retained 21,459 existing jobs. The Pennsylvania Ben Franklin network has returned $3.50 to the state treasury for every $1 invested.
“As a former member of the Ben Franklin Technology Partners board, it is always exciting to inform a company in my senatorial district that they have been selected to receive such grants,” Boscola said.
For additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact Senator Boscola’s office at 610-868-8667 or toll-free at 1-877-535-1818.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!