- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola announces $200,000 in funding for Automated Red Light Enforcement
On March 9, 2012 ·
Bethlehem – State Senator Lisa M. Boscola announced today that $200,000 in Automated Red Light Enforcement (ARLE) funding will be distributed to two municipalities located in the Lehigh Valley. Statewide, $1.5 million in grants are being distributed to 26 municipalities.
“Any project that improves safety and enhances mobility is eligible for ARLE funding”, Boscola said. “I am thrilled when state funding finds its way to our communities to help make the Lehigh Valley a safer, more efficient place to live and work.”
State-wide, municipalities submitted more than 300 applications, totaling $27.3 million. Projects were chosen under criteria including project benefits and effectiveness, cost, local and regional impact, and cost sharing.
The two projects awarded in the Lehigh Valley are:
- $50,000 to the Borough of Catasauqua in Lehigh County for traffic signal improvements at the intersection of Race and 14th streets;
- $150,000 to the City of Bethlehem in Northampton County for pedestrian improvements at the north end of the Philip J. Fahy Memorial Bridge over the Lehigh River.
For more information, visit www.dot.state.pa.us, search Automated Red Light Enforcement or by contacting Senator Boscola’s office at 610-868-8667.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!