- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces $4.22 Million in State Grants for Northampton County Projects
On March 26, 2019 ·
Bethlehem, March 26, 2019 – – State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced state funding totaling over $4.22 million for seven projects in Northampton County.
“I’m pleased to announce the approval of these state funds allocated to help expedite important projects that will improve the quality of life, increase community safety and enhance our environment,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state funding and resources for local efforts aimed at making our community a better place to live and work. All seven of these grants will help fund and advance worthwhile local projects.”
Boscola said she was pleased to work with her colleagues in Harrisburg to secure the state funds, approved by the Commonwealth Finance Authority (CFA), for investment in the following projects:
- New England Hydropower Company, LLC ($1,418,466-Alternative and Clean Energy Program) for the construction of a new 520 kW zero emissions hydro facility adjacent to Lock 47 in Hugh Moore Park in Easton;
- Easton Area School District ($1,386,747-Alternative and Clean Energy Program) for the construction of a high-performance building located in Palmer Township;
- Lafayette College ($1,000,000-Multimodal Transportation Fund) for Phase 2 of the Easton Pedestrian Safety Project;
- Northampton County ($225,000-Mulitmodal Transportation Fund) for its Streetscape Improvement Project;
- Lower Saucon Township ($85,000-Monroe County Local Share Account) for its Seidersville Hall Remodel project;
- Freemansburg Borough ($60,000-Monore County Local Share Account) for its Community Trail Maintenance Program;
- Northampton Borough ($45,000-Monroe County Local Share Account) for its Pavilion at Pool project.
The Alternative and Clean Energy Program provides financial assistance that can be used for the utilization, development and construction of alternative and clean energy projects in the state.
The Multimodal Transportation Fund provides grants that may be used for the development, rehabilitation and enhancement of transportation assets to existing communities, streetscape, lighting, sidewalk enhancement, pedestrian safety, connectivity of transportation assets and transit-oriented development.
The Monroe County Local Share Account (LSA) was established by the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act. The funds are generated by the state’s gaming facilities and may be used for economic development, community development and public interest projects in Monroe County and its contiguous counties.
The grants were approved today by the state Commonwealth Financing Authority Board in Harrisburg.
# # #
- Resolution Citing April 2019 as PA Community College Month in PA
- State Senate Committee Approves Sen. Boscola’s Redistricting Bill
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Pedestrian Safety
- State Senate Legislative Policy Hearing in Philadelphia to Discuss Pedestrian Safety
- Senator Boscola Remarks on the Purpose the Pedestrian Safety Policy Hearing
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!