- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces $ 600,000 for Monroe County Project
On January 29, 2013 ·
HARRISBURG, January 29, 2013 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced $600,000 in state grant funds for an economic development project in Monroe County.
“Apart from the gaming funds distributed for property tax relief, these gaming proceeds help fund community improvement and economic development efforts that create jobs and stimulate local investment,” Boscola said. “This grant will help a local company expand and hire more workers.
“It will also allow for additional development and investment at that location.”
Boscola said the Monroe Industrial Development Authority will receive $600,000 to complete a 5,680-foot natural gas line extension to help Vigon International reduce its energy costs at its manufacturing and distribution facilities in Smithfield Township.
Boscola said the funds will enable Vigon to hire up to six more workers, and pave the way for additional users in the area.
All projects were approved today at a meeting of the Commonwealth Financing Authority. The funds were made available through the allocation of gaming funds for community and economic development projects.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!