- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces $847,000 in State Grants for Local Projects
On January 29, 2016 ·
BETHLEHEM — Jan. 27, 2016 –Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced a total of $847,000 in state grant funds for conservation/recreational projects in Lehigh and Northampton counties.
“I am pleased to have played a role in obtaining state grant dollars to support these worthy local projects,” Boscola said. “Well-maintained and accessible parks, recreation areas and community facilities are attractions that bolster business activity and enhance the quality of life throughout our region.”
The projects include:
- $200,000 for Bethlehem City to develop two plazas on the South Bethlehem Greenway. There will be a “Steelworkers Veterans Memorial Plaza” that will include a promenade, walkways, parking area and picnic green. Work on the “Plaza at Webster” will include play equipment with safety surfacing, fencing, landscaping and other improvements;
- $200,000 for Bethlehem City to rehabilitate Johnston Park in parts of Northampton and Lehigh counties. Workers will replace a pedestrian bridge, landscape, provide ADA access and make other site improvements;
- $195,000 for North Catasauqua Borough to develop 1.3 miles of the D&L Trail from Canal Park in Northampton Borough to the Lehigh County border. Work will include a pedestrian bridge, culvert, landscaping and other improvements;
- $13,000 for Natural Lands Trust, Inc., to prepare a conservation and management plan for the 44-acre Archibald Johnston Preserve in Bethlehem City.
- $242,000 for Salisbury Township in to rehabilitate Lindberg Park. Workers will build a pavilion and comfort station, install play equipment with safety surfacing, landscape and make other site improvements; and
The Community Conservation Partnership grants are administered by the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. The program is aimed at helping local governments and organizations acquire and develop parks, recreation, conservation and greenway projects.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!