- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces Municipalities in Lehigh, Northampton Counties to Receive More Than $ 55,000 in Recycling Grants
On October 16, 2014 ·
Bethlehem, PA, October 16 – State Senator Lisa Boscola announced today that four municipalities in Lehigh and Northampton Counties, will be receiving Recycling Performance Grants, totaling $ 55,176 for their recycling efforts for the 2012 calendar year.
The Bethlehem legislator said the grants, awarded by the Department of Environmental Protection throughout the year, are an incentive to encourage further recycling efforts.
“The communities can use the grant money as they choose,” Boscola said; “but they are encouraged to use it to promote recycling and support local recycling collection programs.”
Awards are based on the total tons recycled and the respective community’s recycling rate, Boscola said. The grants are in addition to DEP funds that municipalities receive to establish and maintain recycling programs.
Municipalities to receive the grants this round are:
- Catasauqua Borough, Lehigh County – $3,358
- Emmaus Borough, Lehigh County – $22, 205
- Fountain Hill Borough, Lehigh County – $11,336
- Northampton Borough, Northampton County – $15,277
Please feel free to contact Senator Boscola’s office with any questions or concerns with this announcement or questions regarding the Recycling Performance Grant Program by calling (610) 868-8667.
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!