- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces Municipalities in Northampton County to Receive Grants for Recycling
On April 17, 2013 ·
BETHLEHEM – April 17, 2013- State Senator Lisa Boscola announced today that four municipalities in Northampton County, will be receiving Recycling Performance Grants, totaling $42,122 for their recycling efforts for the 2010 calendar year.
The Bethlehem legislator said the grants, awarded by the Department of Environmental Protection throughout the year, are an incentive to encourage further recycling efforts.
“The communities can use the grant money as they choose,” Boscola said; “but they are encouraged to use it to promote recycling and support local recycling collection programs.”
Awards are based on the total tons recycled and the respective community’s recycling rate, Boscola said. The grants are in addition to DEP funds that municipalities receive to establish and maintain recycling programs.
Municipalities to receive the grants this round are:
- Bethlehem Township – $28,229
- Lower Mt. Bethel Township – $1,756
- Plainfield Township – $11,893
- Portland Borough – $244
Please feel free to contact Senator Boscola’s office with any questions or concerns with this announcement or questions regarding the Recycling Performance Grant Program by calling (610) 868-8667.
- Resolution Citing April 2019 as PA Community College Month in PA
- State Senate Committee Approves Sen. Boscola’s Redistricting Bill
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Pedestrian Safety
- State Senate Legislative Policy Hearing in Philadelphia to Discuss Pedestrian Safety
- Senator Boscola Remarks on the Purpose the Pedestrian Safety Policy Hearing
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!