- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces New Investments for Local Technology Businesses
On December 1, 2015 ·
Bethlehem, December 1, 2015 –State Sen. Lisa M. Boscola announces that six growing technology businesses in Bethlehem will receive a total of $483,000 in funds through the Ben Franklin Technology Partners (BFTP/NEP) of Northeastern Pennsylvania.
“This funding will help these businesses expand and excel in our region’s growing technology sector,” Boscola said. “This Ben Franklin investment program has been an outstanding investment strategy that has helped stoke our economy and create more good jobs.”
Boscola noted that since 1983, the state-funded Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Northeastern Pennsylvania has helped over 470 start-up companies; and created over 16,600 jobs, while retaining another 22,958.
“This program returns $3.60 to the taxpayers for every dollar we invest,” Boscola said. “This is exactly the kind of economic development partnership initiative that we need to be doing more of at the state level.”
According to Boscola, the projects are:
- $88,000 for EggZack, Inc., to automate and optimize its social media. The company’s web and mobile-based platform systemizes the management of their clients’ websites, search engines, social media, email marketing, blogs and helps develop leads into sales.
- $100,000 for Orbweaver Sourcing, LLC, to add direct purchase order automation into the company’s proprietary cloud-based software platform for electronic circuit board manufacturers. The company claims that current industry sourcing and procurement models are inefficient. Its solution is aimed at cutting costs and increasing productivity for clients.
- $100,000 for U.S. Specialty Formulations, LLC, to hire a production technician and quality compliance professional to help boost production capacity. The company produces sterile injectable pharmaceuticals for health care providers.
- $120,000 for viihealth, Inc., to provide marketing support and software enhancements for a cloud-based platform that allows pharmaceutical and healthcare businesses to seamlessly implement turnkey, tailored patient engagement support initiatives at a lower cost with faster turnarounds. The process is expected to help patients adhere better to drug regimens.
- $25,000 for Bosch Rethrox Corporation to automate data collection aimed at driving process improvements and enabling predictive maintenance for the company’s machining centers. The company manufactures motion control equipment.
- $50,000 for PayrollCRM, LLC, to expand marketing and technical development of its sales automation platform for the payroll and HR services industry. The company helps businesses streamline customer management processes such as pricing, quoting, data collection, forms and signatures.
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!