- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces Northampton Borough to Receive More Than $ 15,000 in Grants for Recycling
On October 22, 2012 ·
BETHLEHEM (October 22, 2012) – State Senator Lisa Boscola announced today that Northampton Borough, Northampton County, will be receiving a Recycling Performance Grant for 2010, totaling $ 15,654 for their recycling efforts over the past year.
The Bethlehem legislator said the grants, awarded by the Department of Environmental Protection throughout the year, are an incentive to encourage further recycling efforts.
“The communities can use the grant money as they choose,” Boscola said; “but they are encouraged to use it to promote recycling and support local recycling collection programs.”
Awards are based on the total tons recycled and the respective community’s recycling rate, Boscola said. The grants are in addition to DEP funds that municipalities receive to establish and maintain recycling programs.
Please feel free to contact Senator Boscola’s office with any questions or concerns with this announcement or questions regarding the Recycling Performance Grant Program by calling (610) 868-8667.
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!