- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces over $100,000 in Safe School Grants
On November 17, 2017 ·
Bethlehem, November, 17, 2017— State Sen. Lisa M. Boscola today announced the Pennsylvania Department of Education has awarded grants totally $106,927 for Safe Schools to 5 local School Districts and Intermediate Units.
- East Penn School District has been awarded the Year 2 allocation of their 2016-17 Safe Schools School Police/Resource Officer Grant by the Department of Education in the amount of $30,000
- Carbon-Lehigh Intermediate Unit has been awarded the Year 2 allocation of their 2016-17 Safe Schools School Police/Resource Officer Grant by the Department of Education in the amount of $20,000
- Easton Area School District, has been awarded a Safe Schools Equipment Grant by the Department of Education in the amount of $17,300
- Northampton Area School District has been awarded a Safe Schools Equipment Grant by the Department of Education in the amount of $19,800
- Colonial Intermediate Unit, which serves Monroe, Northampton and a portion of Pike Counties, has been awarded a Safe Schools Equipment Grant by the Department of Education in the amount of $19,827
“Ensuring that our children are safe while in our schools is critical to the educational process. I am pleased that state dollars will be used toward hiring personnel and providing equipment to assist in ensuring student safety,” Boscola said.
The Safe Schools School Police/Resource Officer Grant are for two years and are intended to be used for the training and compensation of school resource officers and school police officers.
The goal of the Safe Schools Equipment Grant is to assist schools in reducing unnecessary student disciplinary actions and promote a climate of greater productivity, safety and learning; and to assist schools in procuring the resources and training necessary to create a physical environment that fosters the safety and well-being of students and staff.
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!