- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces Over $5.6 Million in State Funding for Area Projects
On May 5, 2011 ·
The funding for the projects were awarded though the H2O PA program and the contiguous “local share” casino grant program by the Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA).
“I am pleased that we have found the means to fund these projects without tapping local taxpayers,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state funds that support regional infrastructure improvement efforts.”
The two approved H2O projects include:
- $4 million for the Borough of Portland, Northampton County, to assist with debt service on a new wastewater collection, conveyance and treatment system. Portland Borough residents have been saddled with the highest sewage rates in the state, with monthly sewage bills ranging over $100.
- $1.626 million was awarded to the Bethlehem Authority for costs associated with the 12-million-gallon supply water reservoir cover and liner replacement projects in Fountain Hill Borough, Lehigh County.
The H2O PA program allocates single-year or multi-year grants to municipalities or municipal authorities to assist with the construction of drinking water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer projects. The CFA funded over $172 million in water and sewage projects at today’s meeting.
In addition, Freemansburg Borough in Northampton County was awarded $52,000 through Mt. Airy’s contiguous local share assessment grant program for fencing, a retaining wall, a snack stand and trail connection as part of its overall recreational facilities improvement. The local share funds, generated by the state’s gaming facilities, are distributed as part of the “local share assessment” account established by the Pennsylvania Race Horse Development and Gaming Act.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!