- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces State Funds for Local Clean Energy Projects
On January 15, 2015 ·
Bethlehem, January 15, 2015 –State Sen. Lisa M. Boscola today announced a total of $ 1.570 million in state grant/loan funds for two alternative clean energy projects in Northampton County.
“Apart from advancing availability and use of clean energy alternatives, these funds will be used to strengthen local businesses and create jobs,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state resources to bolster worthwhile local projects.”
According to Boscola, the projects are:
- $736,350 grant for Great River Energy, LLC, which is building a CNG fueling station a short distance from Interstates 78 and 80 in Easton. She said the public fueling station will have 15 dual hose time-fill stations. The station will be able to service passenger vehicles along with medium duty and Class 8 trucks with trailers. The total project cost is $1.8 million.
- $834,338 loan for Sycamore Hill Farm Development, LP, to build high performance commercial interiors at the Flat Iron building in Bethlehem City. The firm is building an LEED Gold neighborhood in the south side of Bethlehem. The project involves an energy efficient boiler, 5th floor renovation, and 2nd floor retail space to one of the neighborhood development buildings. The system includes occupancy sensors, daylight harvesting controls, and opaque window shades. Boscola said the building will also have a rooftop garden and green roof to reduce storm runoff. The total project cost is $1.668 million. The Alternative and Clean Energy Program funds are administered by the state Commonwealth Financing Agency.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!