- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces State Funds for Local Construction Projects
On January 25, 2012 ·
HARRISBURG, Jan. 25, 2012 — State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced over $2 million in state grant funds for six local economic development projects.
“I am pleased to help obtain state dollars to help fund worthy local projects,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state support for local efforts.”
The projects include:
- Monroe County Industrial Development Authority was awarded $1.2 million for the Route 611 Corridor Gas Line project;
- Delaware Water Gap Borough was awarded $165,634 to construct an addition to an existing well house and make associated site improvements to house new filtration equipment for manganese removal;
- Stroud Township was awarded $100,000 for the construction of a pedestrian bridge that will span the Pocono Creek into Stroudsburg Borough;
- Northampton County was awarded $500,000 to renovate the Bangor Trust Building in Bangor Borough to include residential and additional commercial space. The funds will be a grant-to-loan to Lake Creek Construction;
- Bangor Borough was awarded $100,000 for the construction of a new storm water drainage channel and storm water culvert on Capital Avenue; and
- Easton Redevelopment Authority was awarded $300,000 for the renovation of two commercial buildings and a vacant lot on Northampton Street into two commercial spaces, 23 residential units and on-premise parking.
The Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA) board approved the funding at its meeting in Harrisburg today. The CFA was established as an independent state agency to administer Pennsylvania’s economic stimulus packages. The CFA holds fiduciary responsibility over the funding of programs and investments in Pennsylvania’s economic growth.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!