- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces State Funds for Local Infrastructure Projects
On November 21, 2013 ·
HARRISBURG, Nov 21, 2013 — State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced over $5 million in state funding funds for three local projects.
“I am pleased to help obtain state dollars to assist funding worthy local projects,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state support for local efforts.”
The projects include:
- City of Bethlehem was awarded a $1.25 million grant for the upgrade to the City’s wastewater treatment plant, specifically the biosolids dewatering facility and the effluent pump station;
- Bethlehem Area School District was awarded a $2 million grant through the Alternative and Clean Energy Program for the new Nitschmann Middle School to make it a LEED Certified high performance building; and
- Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts was awarded a $2 million loan through the Alternative and Clean Energy Program as part of its new 89,700 square foot facility being constructed in South Bethlehem.
The Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA) board approved the funding at its meeting in Harrisburg today. The CFA was established as an independent state agency to administer Pennsylvania’s economic stimulus packages. The CFA holds fiduciary responsibility over the funding of programs and investments in Pennsylvania’s economic growth.
# # #
- Resolution Citing April 2019 as PA Community College Month in PA
- State Senate Committee Approves Sen. Boscola’s Redistricting Bill
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Pedestrian Safety
- State Senate Legislative Policy Hearing in Philadelphia to Discuss Pedestrian Safety
- Senator Boscola Remarks on the Purpose the Pedestrian Safety Policy Hearing
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!