- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces State Funds for Two Local Projects
On October 25, 2016 ·
Harrisburg, October 24, 2016 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced two state grants totaling $344,121 for projects in Bethlehem and Hellertown.
“These funds help our communities advance recreational development and infrastructure improvement projects,” Boscola said. “I will continue to seek state resources that help fund and expedite local projects.”
Approved today by the Commonwealth Financing Agency Board in Harrisburg, the projects are:
- $264,121 to restore a half-mile tributary of the East Branch of the Saucon Creek along Applebutter Road in Bethlehem. The funds will be used to realign sections of the stream bed, repair culverts, remove debris from the stream, and install streambank armaments along several sections of the stream to prevent erosion. They will also be installing stilling basins to reduce flow velocity and grade control structures to reestablish the stream cross section and connection to the floodplain. The total project cost is $350,000; and
- $80,000 for the Borough of Hellertown to rehabilitate a pavilion at Dimmick Park. The 18-acre park offers a wide array of recreational opportunities. The funds will be used to rehabilitate the pavilion, replace the asphalt surface with concrete, build a new shingled roof and install new lighting. The total project cost is $133,276.
The CFA grant program is funded with revenue generated through Act 13 of 2012 which imposes an impact fee on the state’s unconventional natural gas wells. The fund supports statewide environmental projects to provide a positive impact on Pennsylvania communities.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!