- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Lauds Medical Marijuana Dispensaries in Lehigh Valley
On June 29, 2017 ·
HARRISBURG, June 29, 2017 – State Sen. Lisa Boscola provided the following statement after the state Department of Health today awarded two Lehigh Valley businesses medical marijuana dispensary permits. When medical marijuana becomes available to patients next year, only 52 dispensaries statewide will be licensed.
“I am pleased that two Lehigh Valley dispensaries (Mission Pennsylvania II, LLC and Guadco, LLC) emerged from this highly-competitive application process with state permits.
“It will mean more local jobs and a foundational role in this promising new medical marijuana industry. As someone who voted for legalizing medical marijuana in Pennsylvania, I am very pleased by the progress of the program and our regional economic role in this industry.
“More so, I am both encouraged and heartened by what this medication will mean to our children, veterans and other patients who can benefit through the safe and controlled availability of medical cannabis.”
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Joseph Kelly
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!