- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Says Citizens Can Now File Notary Applications Online
On September 19, 2011 ·
Bethlehem, Sept. 19, 2011 – Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced that citizens can now apply online to become a notary public. She said the online system will save time and money.
“Filling out an application, submitting it, and obtaining the necessary senatorial endorsement will now be a few computer keystrokes away,” Boscola said. “Apart from speeding up the process, this new system will prove more efficient and cost effective.”
A link to the Department of State’s online application system is available on Boscola’s website at: https://www.senatorboscola.com/
Notaries public have the power to administer oaths and affirmations, certify copies, and take depositions, affidavits and verifications.
Boscola said approximately 23,000 people file notary applications each year. State law requires that one’s elected senator endorse their application. Boscola said she has already advised the Department of State that she will participate in its online system.
For those who do not have computer access, Boscola said the department has agreed to continue accepting paper applications.
# # #
- Boscola Announces $210,000 in Grants to Local School Districts to Expand Computer Science Programs
- Boscola Announces Business Education Partnership Grant
- Sen. Boscola Re-appointed Democratic Chair of Senate Committee on Consumer Protection and Professional Licensure
- Pennsylvania Senate Sworn In on New Years Day
- Boscola Announces State Investment for Neighborhood Assistance Projects
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!