- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Senator Boscola Announces $757,000 in State Grants for Local Projects
On December 15, 2016 ·
BETHLEHEM – Dec. 15, 2016 –Sen. Lisa Boscola today announced a total of $757,000 in state grant funds for conservation/recreational projects in Lehigh and Northampton counties.
“I am pleased to see these state dollars supplementing local community and recreational development efforts,” Boscola said. “Expanding and improving these parks and recreational areas will make our communities more appealing and economically viable to families seeking a good place to live and raise a family.”
The projects include:
- $200,000 for Bethlehem Township to construct a hiking trail and pedestrian walkway at Housenick Memorial Park. The project will also entail landscaping, signage and ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) access improvements;
- $25,000 to the Wildlands Conservancy to restore the Saucon Creek in the Water Steet Park located in Hellertown Borough and Lower Saucon Township. Work will include stream restoration, streambank stabilization and landscaping.
- $200,000 to Coplay Borough to develop Saylor Park. Workers will construct a pavilion, basketball courts, pedestrian walkway and parking area. They will also install lighting, fencing, bleachers and make the park more ADA accessible.
- $190,000 to Salisbury Township to develop Lindberg Park. Work will include constructing a splash pad, pickleball courts, pedestrian walkway, shade structure, landscaping, signage and storm water management system.
- $142,000 to the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission to prepare a multi-county bicycle and pedestrian plan for Lehigh and Northampton counties.
The Community Conservation Partnership Program grants are administered by the state Department of Conservation and Natural Resources. The program is aimed at helping local governments and organizations acquire and develop parks, recreation, conservation and greenway projects.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!