- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
State Police Job Application Deadline Nears
On June 26, 2015 ·
Harrisburg, June 26, 2015 – State Sen. Lisa M. Boscola today said people have until June 30 to apply for a job with the Pennsylvania State Police.
“Becoming a state police trooper is a great opportunity for women and men interested in law enforcement careers,” Boscola said. “Those who graduate from the state police academy receive a starting salary of $57,251.”
Boscola said people can find information on a state police career, obtain an application and apply on-line at www.patrooper.com. Those who make it past the application stage will be invited to take a written examination in August.
Following the written examination, successful candidates take an oral examination. A candidate’s final overall score is based on both the written and oral examinations. Those who successfully emerge from the examination process must pass a physical fitness test, polygraph test, background investigation and medical and psychological evaluations before being appointed as a cadet.
Cadets must also complete an intense 27-week training course before they become troopers.
To apply, applicants must:
- Be at least 20-years-old when they apply; and be between 21 and 40 by the date they become a state police cadet.
- Possess a high school diploma or a GED certificate, plus an associate’s degree or 60 semester credit hours at an accredited institution of higher education at the time of application. Certain waivers to the education requirement are available.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!