- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
State Senate Hearing in Monroeville to Focus on Charter Schools
On October 7, 2016 ·
At the request of state Sen. Jim Brewster (D-Allegheny/Westmoreland), the Senate Democratic Policy Committee will hold a hearing on the role of charter schools in education.
Brewster is proposing sweeping reforms to the state’s charter school law. The hearing will focus on “brick and mortar” charter schools. It will be held on Thursday, October 13 at 10 a.m. in the council chambers of the Monroeville Municipal Building, 2700 Monroeville Blvd., Monroeville, Pa., 15146.
The committee is chaired by Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh). Those expected to testify before the Committee include:
- Matthew Stem, deputy secretary, Pennsylvania Department of Education;
- Pennsylvania Auditor General Eugene DePasquale;
- Rula Skezas, superintendent of the McKeesport Area School District;
- Alan Johnson, superintendent, Woodland Hills School District;
- Nathan Benefield, vice-president of policy, Commonwealth Foundation;
- Anthony Pirrello, vice-president, PA Coalition of Public Charter Schools Board, & CEO, Montessori Regional Charter School, Erie;
- Ron Sofo, CEO, City Charter High School, Pittsburgh;
- Richard Livingston, president of the Clairton City School Board;
- Dolores McCracken, vice president, Pennsylvania State Educators Assoc. (PSEA)
Media coverage is welcome and encouraged.
# # #
- Sen. Boscola Floor Remarks on Decriminalization Betting Pools such as March Madness
- Boscola Announces Funds for Local Crime Victims Programs
- Senator Boscola Announces Keystone Communities Grants for Two Local Projects
- Senator Boscola Q&A Public Utility Commission Budget Hearing
- Senate Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Reducing Gun Violence
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!