- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
Boscola Announces $250,000 in School Safety and Security Grants
On October 30, 2018 ·
Bethlehem (October 30, 2018)- Senator Lisa Boscola (D-Lehigh/Northampton) announced today that $250,000 in School Safety and Security grants were awarded to school districts in the 18th Senatorial District through the School Safety and Security Committee within the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency.
“I am pleased that all the school districts in my district took advantage of this important school safety grant through Act 44,” Boscola stated. “We have made assisting our school districts in ensuring a safe learning environment for our children and our educators a priority and these grant awards will aid in those efforts,” she added.
Each school district received a $25,000 grant allocation:
- Catasauqua Area School District
- East Penn School District
- Salisbury Township School District
- Whitehall-Coplay School District
- Bethlehem Area School District
- Easton Area School District
- Nazareth Area School District
- Northampton Area School District
- Saucon Valley School District
- Wilson Area School District
Act 44, which created the School Safety and Security Committee, was signed into law by Governor Wolf in June. The Committee develops the criteria schools use when performing school safety and security assessments, issues surveys that allow schools to measure their safety and security preparedness and administers grants to schools to improve safety and security.
The Committee established criteria for conducting a security assessment, which is a strategic evaluation of a school’s facilities and programs used to identify potential safety and security threats. Assessments include consideration of the safety and security of a school’s physical environment, climate and behavioral health environment, and related school safety policies and trainings.
Across Pennsylvania, a total of $52.5 million has been allocated to the School Safety and Security Grant Program for the 2018-2019 fiscal year.
- Senator Boscola re-elected to Chair Senate Democratic Policy Committee
- Boscola Announces $250,000 in School Safety and Security Grants
- Boscola Announces State Grants for Bethlehem’s Memorial Pool Project
- Sen. Boscola Redistricting Reform :: October 17, 2018
- Sen. Boscola’s “Commonsense” Restitution Fix Heads to the Governor’s desk
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!