- 18th District
- Policy Committee
- How Can I Help
- Services I Provide
- Applications and Forms
- Toll-Free Phone Numbers
- Useful Links
- Request a Citation
- New Resident Information
At Sen. Andy Dinniman’s request, the Senate Democratic Policy Committee will hold a hearing this Thursday in Thorndale on job training and vocational opportunities for people with disabilities.
The hearing will be held Thursday, March 23 at 10 a.m. at Handi Crafters Inc., 215 Barley Sheaf Road, in Coatesville (Thorndale).
Proposed changes within the PA Department of Human Services Consolidated and Person/Family Directed Support Waivers will impact adult day centers and sheltered workshops for individuals with disabilities. The senators will be joined by officials from the Office of Developmental Programs, vocational facility providers and others who would be impacted by the proposed program revisions.
The committee is chaired by Sen. Lisa Boscola (D-Northampton/Lehigh). Those expected to testify include:
- Nancy Thailer, deputy secretary, Office of Developmental Programs, PA DHS;
- Richard Edley, president/CEO, Rehabilitation & Community Providers Association;
- Amy Rice, executive director, Handi Crafters Inc. (a provider/workshop facility);
- Kathleen Cronin, parent advocate;
- Aaron Muderick, CEO, Crazy Aaron’s Puttyworld in Narberth, PA;
- Jeanne Meikrantz, executive director, Arc of Chester County; and
- Cynthia McCurdy, parent advocate
# # #
- Policy Committee Hearing on Treatment for Individuals with Substance Use Disorder
- ADVISORY: State Senate Committee to Hold Pittsburgh Hearing on Substance Use Disorder Treatment
- SENATOR BOSCOLA TO HOST HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT EVENT IN BETHLEHEM
- Senator Boscola offers her Resolution Encouraging Good Faith Food Donations
- Boscola Announces over $100,000 in Safe School Grants
Looking For Something
Use the form below to search the site:
Still not finding what you’re looking for? Please contact me or my staff so we can help you!